The Friends are great champions of the West Vancouver Memorial Library. We are active volunteers and quiet supporters working together to enrich library programs, collections and services. Our efforts focus on fundraising projects and hospitality. We host the Remembrance Day reception and serve refreshments at author readings and concerts.
We care about our library and proudly promote and enhance its exceptional service to our community.
New members are always welcome!
Yearly memberships are $10, and $5 for those under 18. Members receive admittance to the "Friends Only" Book Sale Preview, the Friends of the Library Newsletter and invitations to regular meetings. Applications may be picked up in the Library, or you can print out the membership form and return it to the Library.
For more information, please call 604.925.7410 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosemin Ebrahim, President
Edda Davis, Vice President
Barbara Drummond, Secretary
Grace Kravac, Treasurer
Robbie Innis, Membership
Kim Vogt, Member at Large
Shirley Forrestor, Member at Large
Maureen Eagle, Member at Large
2017 Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held in the Library's Welsh Hall, on Wednesdays, from 12:30 - 2 p.m. They provide an opportunity to socialize, plan for upcoming events and review our goals.
- January 25 - Luncheon and Elections, Welsh Hall East
- February 22, Computer Training Room. Lower Mezzanine
- April 26, Computer Traiining Room, Lower Mezzanine
- June 28 - Strawberry Tea
- September 27, Welsh Hall East
- November 22, Welsh Hall East
Spring Book Sale: Pre-sale Thursday, June 8, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.; regular sale Friday, June 9 and Saturday, June 10, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fall Book Sale: Pre-sale Thursday, October 12, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.; regular sale Friday, October 13 and Saturday, June 14, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Shred It Day
Saturday, May 27, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Activities and Accomplishments
The Friends participate in many activities that contribute to the funding and welcoming character of the Library. We are happy to share that the Friends:
- Hold our spring and fall Booksales
- Stock the book cart with great bargains
- Provide hospitality for Library official and social events, author visits, movie nights and concerts
- Sponsor the annual North Shore Writers' Festival
- Sponsor the Summer Reading Clubs for Kids and Teens
- Participate in the Library's book delivery services for the homebound
- Donate and arrange floral bouquets that contribute to the Library's inviting atmosphere
2016 Contributions to West Vancouver Memorial Library
Quick Flick DVDs $2000
Ebooks Popular Series $2000
Digitization Project $3528
Stock Photography Project $1075
North Shore Writers' Festival $2517
Summer Reading Club $4634
Grow-a-Reader Bags $1567
Publicity Cork Board $500
Oral Histories Project $2603