TEEN VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Volunteering is a great way to learn about how a library operates while developing skills that will look great on your resume! Each teen volunteer is asked to be available for one two-hour shift per week. In addition to being trained to participate in our Book Buddies program, teen volunteers also shelve books and help out with special projects. Please note that this program is presently full.
Some tasks preformed by teen volunteers include:
- Shelve Paperbacks (weekly)
- Shelf read in designated areas (weekly)
- Label paperbacks (occasionally)
- Develop an understanding of the functions and resources of the Library.
- Listen to children practice reading skills
- Encourage and help children to be more confident with their reading skills.
TEEN ADVISORY GROUP - TAG
Local West Vancouver teens have the opportunity to share their opinions and ideas and be the voice for their peers as it relates to the library.
Details on Teens Get Involved