Getting to RBdigtal MaGaZines
To access the Library's subscription to RBdigital Magazines, you must have a West Vancouver Memorial Library card (not a card from another Library that is registered at WVML).
- Go to http://westvanlibrary.ca/
- Move your mouse to the Read, Listen View tab, and choose Magazines and Newspapers
- Click on the RBdigital Magazines Link
Creating an Account
- The first time you use RBdigtal Magazines, you will need to sign up. You can do so by clicking the Create Account button located in the top right.
- Enter in your West Van Library card number
- Fill out the form using your email, name and password.
*Note: this account also works with InstantFlix, ComicsPlus, and RBdigital Audiobooks
Once you've created an account, use your email and password to log in and start browsing. There are several ways you can browse:
- Alphabetically: Either click the Title Search box to pull up a drop-down menu, or click the page links in the top right to browse titles alphabetically.
- Title Search: Enter in a key phrase (ex: iPad, Canada) to search for corresponding titles.
- Genre: Select the All Genres drop-down menu to browse magazines by subject.
Checking out Magazines
Once you've found a title you'd like to read, click the cover and click the checkout button. You can then select Keep Browsing to checkout more magazines or Start Reading to view your new magazine.
If you want to see all of the magazines that you have borrowed, click on the My Collection link in the top right. You can open any of the on your computer to read at any time.
Reading Magazines on a computer
Click on a title in your RBdigtal Magazines Reading List to open it and start reading. Once you've opened a magazine, you can navigate it with the menu bar at the bottom of the screen:
Turn page forwards or backwards
Bring up page overview of magazine
Zoom in and out
Enter and exit full screen mode
To print the page(s) that you are viewing
To learn more about Zinio, visit: http://ca.zinio.com/help/
Reading Magazines in the App
Download the app by visiting your App Store on your tablet or other mobile device. Search for RBdigital.
To read a magazine in the app, tap on the cover to open.
Tap on the right side of the screen to go to the next page, or tap on the left side to go to the previous page.
Tapping in the centre of the screen will bring up addtional options.
- In the top left, there is an X tap on it to close the magazine.
- On the right side there are options to go back, see the table of contents or create bookmarks.
To add magazines to the app
From the main screen, tap on Checkout Magazines in the lower right corner. Then log in, if you haven't already with your username and password.
Choose a magazine, and tap on the Checkout button. Repeat as desired.
Tap on Back to Libraries in the top left corner when you are ready.
From the main page, tap on the download button to download a copy of the magazine to read.