If you are having trouble accessing the library's wireless, follow these instructions to help resolve several common connection issues:
- Problems clicking through the splash page:
- Please ensure that your pop-up blockers (Internet Explorer, Google Toolbar, Norton Internet Security, etc.) are turned off as this occasionally causes the splash page to refresh indefinitely.
- Add the website www.westvanlibrary.ca to your list of trusted sites
- Try to click the 'Yes, I agree' button at least twice. Occasionally the first attempt will not register correctly.
- Attempt to connect with an alternate browser.
- Limited or No Connectivity Errors:
- Disable your wireless connection and attempt to reconnect.
- Relocate to another area of the library. Occasionally certain clients have difficulty connecting at a particular access point. Attempt to connect via at least two.
- Avoid connecting from areas with low signal strength. Access points are located in the Youth Department, the Reference Department and in the West Wing Non-Fiction area.
- Be aware that the library's wireless network is a limited resource. As such only 50 concurrent users are supported at one time. If you are refused connection it may be due to a lack of network resources. Please try again later.
- Troubleshooting Guides